Home War War in the Middle East: Iran claims to have “rebuilt” its forces...

War in the Middle East: Iran claims to have “rebuilt” its forces during the truce and threatens the United States

7
0

Tehran warns Washington. The main Iranian negotiator, Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, promised this Saturday a “crushing” response if the United States resumed its war against Iran. He claims that his country had “rebuilt” its armed forces during the truce with Washington, in force since April 8.

“Our armed forces have rebuilt during the ceasefire period in such a way that if Trump commits another senseless act and restarts the war, (the consequences) will certainly be much more crushing and bitter for the United States than the first day of the war,” he said. The United States has not yet reacted to these new threats.

He made these statements after a meeting with Pakistani army chief Field Marshal Asim Munir, who came to the Iranian capital as part of Islamabad’s mediation efforts to achieve a lasting end to the war in the Middle East.

Téhéran dénonce des « exigences excessives »

Earlier on Saturday, Iran accused the United States of sabotaging negotiations to end the war with “excessive demands.” In a conversation with UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, the head of Iranian diplomacy Abbas Araghchi complained about the “repeated contradictory positions and excessive demands” of the United States, reported the Tasnim and Fars agencies.

These factors “disrupt the process of negotiations carried out under the aegis of Pakistan,” said Abbas Araghchi. “Despite its deep distrust of the United States, the Islamic Republic of Iran has engaged in this diplomatic process with a spirit of responsibility and the utmost seriousness, and is striving to achieve a reasonable and equitable result,” he said. added.

VideoDonald Trump not sure about attending his son’s wedding because of the war in Iran

The head of the Pakistani army, Marshal Asim Munir, arrived in Tehran on Friday as part of his country’s mediation. According to the Irna agency, he spoke until late at night from Friday to Saturday with Abbas Araghchi about “the latest diplomatic efforts and initiatives aimed at preventing a new escalation.” New exchanges took place this Saturday.

The spokesperson for the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Esmaïl Baghaï, had earlier affirmed that the differences remain “deep” between Tehran and Washington. The questions of the end of the war on all fronts including in Lebanon, the situation in the Strait of Hormuz and the American blockade of Iranian ports, remain according to him “unresolved”, as does the nuclear aspect.

American media reported that Washington was considering new strikes against Tehran. According to CBS News, American soldiers are preparing for possible bombings during the weekend, which lasts until Monday in the United States. This Friday, Donald Trump gathered his closest advisors to discuss the war, Axios said. The American president also announced that he would not be able to attend the wedding of his eldest son Don Jr. in the Bahamas this weekend, and that he had to remain in Washington for “reasons relating to state affairs.”