The American president at the same time declared that “serious negotiations” were taking place between the United States and Tehran.
Publié
Reading time: 1min
/2026/05/18/6a0b7033aa41b436719095.jpg)
He assures that a request from several leaders of Gulf countries dissuaded him. Donald Trump said on Monday May 18 that he had given up on a military operation against Iran planned for Tuesday. In a message published on his Truth Social platform, the American president specified that the United States stands ready to launch a “full-scale, full-scale attack on Iran at any time if an acceptable agreement is not reached”.
However, underlines Donald Trump, “Serious negotiations are taking place at the moment”. According to him, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates believe that peace is possible, while the truce came into force on April 8. The agreement must ensure that Iran does not acquire a nuclear weapon, the Republican repeated.
Iran’s Foreign Ministry said Monday that a response had been provided to the new US proposal, but without specifying details. Tehran added that exchanges were continuing with Washington “via the Pakistani mediator”.
Previously, Iran had said on Monday “fully prepared for any eventuality”the day after other threats from the American president. “Time is running out, and [les Iraniens] better act quickly, otherwise there will be nothing left of them.”had threatened the Republican billionaire on Sunday, still on Truth Social.




