Friday May 15, Flavie Flament spoke, denouncing, in turn, the behavior of Patrick Bruel. The singer, who was facing accusations of assault, saw the voice of the host added to those of many anonymous people. “I am filing a complaint against Patrick Bruel for rape”, she declared, believing that the singer had “pillé” son “adolescence”. In the process, the singer’s lawyer denied the facts, ensuring that the latter “didn’t understand this situation” . This Sunday, May 17, Patrick Bruel finally broke the silence on social networks after having “hesitated a lot before [s]’express”.
If he gave his word to the courts, he chose to react to the accusations made by the host. “I met Flavie Flament in the 90s. My career had begun, she was beginning hers. We crossed paths, we saw each other a few times, we had a brief history together” he declared in particular.
Patrick Bruel case: “Zéro considération…”
Amanda Sthers’ ex-companion also assured that this relationship had not been “neither violent, nor constrained, nor sneaky” : “There was no rape, no drugs. I never mistreated her, nor abandoned her in front of a ‘sordid hotel’ (…) I don’t understand why, suddenly today, Flavie Flament is telling a different and sordid story, and would file a complaint against me. I just know this story is false.”, he said on his Instagram account. A defense to which the 51-year-old host responded using the words of another, Jean-Michel Aubry Journet. A former artist manager who became Ambassador of the Meetoo Media movement and co-founder of the collective @musictoofrance which fights against sexist and sexual violence in the French music industry.
The latter immediately reacted to the singer’s speech, expressing indignation at a specific point in the artist’s defense. “Bruel issues a press release to respond only to Flavie Flament’s complaint and to the requests of feminist associations. Zero consideration for the thirty other women who implicate him. They are nothing to him.” He then says he hopes “what other famous women will be able to testify on his own landon his reputation, his fame which brings silence to ‘little hands’ every day who have remained silent for too long because of this imbalance of notoriety and therefore of support.” And to conclude “for this reason we must neither applaud him, nor remunerate him, nor put him in contact with our sisters, and our daughters. Artists, technicians, masseusesattachées de presse, benévoles”. A publication taken up in full by Flavie Flament in story and which is a response to the singer.
Flavie Flament had therefore not said everything in La consolation ?
On March 18, 2026, Mediapart published a first article which revealed the accusations of sexual assault, rape and attempted rape of eight women against Patrick Bruel. “A few minutes later, I received a message from Flavie Flament who told me : ‘I need to talk to you.’ I understood that it was linked to this affair”explains journalist Marine Turchi Under the pseudonym Eva, Flavie Flament intervenes in a second part of the investigation published on May 7, 2026. This time, there are 15 of them to testify about of sexual violence allegedly committed by the singer between 1991 and 2019.
“Flavie Flament wants to testify in support of other women, it’s her approach and it’s the fight of her life since already, ten years ago, she spoke about the photographer David Hamilton“, assures Marine Turchi. The host had in fact published in 2016, a work entitled La Consolation. She accused of rape, when she was 13, the photographer whom she did not yet name and who has since ended his life.
In a video interview on the set of Mediapart on March 2024, Flavie Flament had already suggested that she had not said everything in her book : “It is obvious that since the release of La Consolation, there are some who are not sleeping peacefully”she said. Will other heads roll?





