RECAP. The results on the 86th day
-
Donald Trump declared that the United States did not hear “He rushed himself” with a view to concluding an agreement with Iran and that in the meantime, the blockade of Iranian ports in the Strait of Hormuz remained “in full force†.
-
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he agreed with Donald Trump that any final agreement with Iran had to « eliminer entièrement la menace nucléaire ».
-
The Ministry of Health of Lebanon announced that eleven people were killed the day before in an Israeli strike on the south of the country, despite the truce in force in the war between Israel and pro-Iranian Hezbollah.
-
A man accused of having transmitted information on the Iranian defense industry to the United States and Israel was hanged in Iranreported the judicial power website.
5:23 p.m. – Netanyahu insists any deal must “eliminate nuclear threat”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he agreed with Donald Trump that any final agreement with Iran must « eliminer entièrement la menace nucléaire ».
“My policy, like that of President Trump, remains unchanged: Iran will not obtain nuclear weapons.”declared Benjamin Netanyahu in a press release.
“President Trump and I agreed that any final agreement with Iran must eliminate the nuclear threat entirely. This means dismantling Iran’s uranium enrichment facilities and removing enriched nuclear materials from its territory.”he added.
4:45 p.m. – Blockade against Iran remains “in full force”
Donald Trump says blockade of Iranian ports in Strait of Hormuz will remain “in full force†until an agreement has been signed with Tehran to end the war.
“The blockade will remain in full force until an agreement is reached, certified and signed.”wrote the American president on his Truth Social network, adding that “Both parties must take the time necessary to do things right. There must be no mistakes.”.
16 h 26 – Trump says that he does not understand pas «Se précipiter»
Donald Trump declared that the United States did not intend “He rushed himself” with a view to concluding an agreement with Iran.
“I have asked my representatives not to rush to reach an agreement, because time is on our side.â€wrote the American president on his Truth Social platform, while the Americans and Iranians said they were seeking to finalize an agreement to put a lasting end to the war in the Middle East.
4:18 p.m. – Lebanon announces 11 dead in strike
Lebanon’s health ministry announced that eleven people had been killed the day before in an Israeli strike on the south of the country, despite the truce in force in the war between Israel and pro-Iranian Hezbollah.
“The Israeli enemy’s strike on the village of Sir al-Gharbiyé in the Nabatié region caused a massacre, the final toll of which was 11 dead, including a child and six women, and nine wounded, including four children and a woman.”specified the ministry in a press release.
3:49 p.m. – Trump assures that the agreement with Iran will include the nuclear file
Donald Trump assured Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that any agreement with Tehran would provide for the dismantling of Iran’s nuclear program and the transfer of the stock of highly enriched uranium out of the country, an Israeli official said on Sunday, speaking on condition of anonymity.
During a call Saturday evening, the American president “made it clear that he would stand firm in negotiations on his long-standing demand for dismantling Iran’s nuclear program and the removal of all enriched uranium from Iranian territory and that he would not sign any final agreement absent these conditions.”indicated this source in a press release.
2:01 p.m. – Israel calls on ten villages in Lebanon to evacuate
The Israeli army has called for the evacuation of around ten villages in southern and eastern Lebanon, ahead of planned attacks against pro-Iranian Hezbollah, despite the current truce.
Arabic-speaking military spokesperson Avichay Adraee listed eleven localities called to be evacuated, saying the army was «Obligée d’agir avec force» against Hezbollah “In light of the violation of the ceasefire agreement”.
12 h 39 – Ursula von der Leyen salue les progrès vers un accord
Ursula von der Leyen a salué des “Progress toward a U.S.-Iran deal†to end the war in the Middle East.
“We need an agreement that truly defuses the conflict, reopens the Strait of Hormuz and guarantees full freedom of navigation without toll. Iran must not be allowed to develop a nuclear weapon.”declared the President of the European Commission in a publication on X.
10:26 a.m. Keir Starmer “Se félicite des progrès” vers un accord
British Prime Minister Keir Starmer welcomed “Les progrès vers un accord” to end the war in Iran, after US officials indicated an announcement on a deal could be made today.
“We will work with our international partners to seize this opportunity to achieve a long-term diplomatic settlement.”he declared in a message published on X.
9:56 a.m. – An announcement on a possible agreement during the day
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said an announcement was possible later on Sunday regarding a deal with Iran.
“I think it may be possible that in the next few hours the world will receive some good news.”a déclaré Marco Rubio à des journalistes à New Delhi.
9:49 a.m. – Relief center in Lebanon destroyed after strike
The Lebanese civil defense announced that its center in Nabatiyé, in the south of the country, had been destroyed by an Israeli strike, despite the truce in force since April 17.
The Nabatiyé regional center for civil defense “directly hit by hostile Israeli strikeâ€causing the complete collapse of the building and damaging a large number of vehicles and equipment, indicated the general direction of civil defense in a press release.
The damage was only material and no injuries were reported among the staff, who had been transferred to another site before the strike, she added.
9:44 a.m. – Man accused of espionage executed in Iran
A man accused of passing information on the Iranian defense industry to the United States and Israel was hanged in Iran, the judiciary website reported.
“Mojtaba Kian (…) who passed information related to the country’s defense industry units to the enemy, was hanged early this morningâ€added Mizan. According to the same source, he had transmitted information related to Iranian defense capabilities during the war triggered at the end of February by an American-Israeli offensive against the Islamic Republic.
9:37 a.m. – Pakistan hopes to host next negotiating session
Pakistan, mediator in the conflict between Iran and the United States, hopes to welcome “Twenty three” a new session of peace negotiations between representatives of the two countries, affirmed its Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.
“Pakistan will continue its peace efforts with utmost sincerity and we look forward to hosting the next negotiating session very soon.”wrote Shehbaz Sharif on the social network X.
Update on the night’s news
-
Emmanuel Macron spoke with Donald Trump and the leaders of the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan over the war in the Middle East and the Strait of Hormuz.
-
Donald Trump indicated that he spoke on the phone with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of the draft agreement with Iran, « séparément » of his call with several leaders of Gulf states.
-
An agreement between the United States and Iran to end the war a été « largement négocié »a affirmé Donald Trump, mais est « sous réserve d’être finalisé » between the two countries and others in the region. This draft agreement with Iran would include the reopening of the Strait of Hormuz, said the American president.
-
L’armée israélienne indicated thatone of his soldiers had been killed the day before near the border with Lebanon, bringing to 22 the number of deaths in its ranks since the start of the war with pro-Iranian Hezbollah.



