5:36 p.m. – Washington castigates NATO for “refusing to do anything”
The head of American diplomacy Marco Rubio castigated the NATO countries which “Refuse to do anything” in support of the United States in the war in Iran.
Le président Donald Trump “Don’t ask them to provide troops, send fighter jets, but they refuse to do any of that.”Marco Rubio told journalists shortly before taking off for Sweden where he will participate in a meeting of his NATO counterparts on Friday. « Cela nous a beaucoup contrariés »he added.
5:31 p.m. – Rubio hopes to move toward deal with Pakistani aid
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio expressed hope that the Pakistani army chief’s visit to Iran would advance diplomatic efforts to end the war, saying progress had been made.
“I believe the Pakistanis will go to Tehran today. So let’s hope that this will move things forward.”Marco Rubio told reporters.
17 h 08 – Arrival in Istanbul de militants expulsés d’Israël
Pro-Palestinian activists from the “Gaza Flotilla” expelled from Israel arrived at Istanbul international airport aboard the first plane.
Two other flights chartered by the Turkish Foreign Ministry, from Ramon Airport, located near Eilat in southern Israel, are to follow.
5:07 p.m. – UN “deplores” execution of two new people in Iran
The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights deplored the hanging in Iran of two men accused of being members of « groupes terroristes séparatistes »in a context of an increase in executions since the start of the war in the Middle East.
“Volker Türk deplores the execution of two new people in Iran. Since the start of the military escalation, at least 34 people have been executed for political reasons or linked to national security, particularly in the context of the January demonstrations.affirmed the High Commission on X.
2:48 p.m. – Gaza flotilla activists expelled
The Israeli Foreign Ministry announced that it had expelled all foreign activists from the “Gaza Flotilla”three days after their capture at sea.
“Israel will not allow any violation of the legal naval blockade imposed on Gaza.”declared the ministry’s spokesperson, Oren Marmorstein, in a press release, announcing the expulsion without specifying whether the activists had been tried.
11:58 a.m. – UAE official calls Iranian project “chimera”
An official of the United Arab Emirates described “Chimère” the Iranian project to control the Strait of Hormuz, which covers an area extending to the waters south of the strategic UAE port of Fujairah.
« Le régime (Iranian) attempts to impose a new reality born of an obvious military defeat, but attempts to control the Strait of Hormuz or to attack the maritime sovereignty of the Emirates are nothing more than a pipe dream.”wrote on X the advisor to the UAE president, Anwar Gargash.
11:24 a.m. – Iran claims control of Hormuz waters
The new Iranian body managing the Strait of Hormuz has claimed a zone of control extending to the waters south of the UAE port of Fujairah, which houses oil infrastructure aimed at circumventing the blockage of the strait.
The brand new “Autorité du détroit du Golfe Persique” published a message accompanied by a map, saying he had demarcated « the area of competence réglementaire pour la management » of the strait. She writes that this area extends From Kuh-e Mubarak in Iran to southern Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates concerning the eastern entrance to the strait, and the western side « from the island of Qeshm à Umm Al-Quwain to the Admirals ».
“Transit through this area for the purpose of crossing the Strait of Hormuz requires coordination with and authorization of the Persian Gulf Strait Authority.”it is specified.
10:39 a.m. – Turkey organizes repatriation of flotilla to Gaza
Turkey will organize special flights to repatriate its citizens and those of third countries detained in Israel after the interception of the “Gaza Flotilla”announced the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
“We plan to repatriate our citizens as well as participants from third countries to Turkey today by means of special flights.”indicated Minister Hakan Fidan, warning that Ankara “will continue with determination (its) support for the Palestinian people”.
Turkey, from where the flotilla set sail last week, denounced the “Barbarian mentality” of the Israeli government after the interception of the boats and the detention of the pro-Palestinian activists, exhibited in a video by the far-right Israeli Minister of National Security, Itamar Ben Gvir.
9 h 44 – Le Liban « en situation de péril »
Lebanon is “in a situation of danger”estimated the special envoy of the French president for Lebanon, Jean-Yves Le Drian, while welcoming the continuation of the discussions which offer « une perspective » exit from the conflict between Israel and the pro-Iranian Hezbollah.
“Today, Lebanon is in a situation of danger to its unity and its integrity.”declared Jean-Yves Le Drian on BFM TV/RMC, highlighting the division of “Lebanese communities towards Hezbollah and towards Israel”.
“Lebanon is threatened in its integrity because there is a part of its territory which is occupied by Israel and another part which is agitated and animated by Hezbollah, which serves the interests of Iran, therefore of a foreign power.” »he recalled. He nevertheless welcomed the continuation of the truce, seeing in it “a 45-day perspective where we will continue to discussâ€.
9 h 16 – Le chef de l’armée pakistanaise attendu à Téhéran
The powerful army chief of Pakistan, mediator country between the United States and Iran, Asim Munir, is expected in Tehran, according to Iranian media, as part of efforts to reach a peace agreement. After that of the Pakistani Interior Minister, Asim Munir’s visit aims to “Continue discussions with Iranian officials”indicated the Isna press agency and other media, without further details.
News update at 9 a.m.
– L’Iranannounced Wednesday evening examine a new American peace proposal via the Pakistani mediator, however expressing a « grande méfiance » towards the United States. He reiterated in passing the demands of the Islamic Republic: “Unfreezing of blocked Iranian assets” abroad and end of the American blockade of Iranian ports.
– Donald Trump left the door open to diplomacy by affirming“Don’t be under pressure”. “We’ll see what happens. Either we will reach an agreement or we will take slightly tougher measures. But I hope that won’t happen.”declared the American president to journalists, from Joint Base Andrews, near Washington. “It’s on the line, believe me. If we don’t get the right answers, it can go very quickly “, he added.



