“If the enemy commits the stupidity of falling again into the trap of the Zionists and committing a new aggression against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against it,” declared this Tuesday, May 19, the spokesperson for the Iranian army, Mohammad Akraminia.
If the United States resumes its attacks against Iran, interrupted since the entry into force of a ceasefire on April 8, the Iranian army warned this Tuesday, May 19 in a press release that it “will open new fronts”.
“If the enemy commits the stupidity of once again falling into the trap of the Zionists and committing a new aggression against our beloved Iran, we will open new fronts against it,” declared army spokesperson Mohammad Akraminia, quoted by the Iranian news agency Isna.
On Monday, American President Donald Trump announced that he had canceled at the last moment a new attack against Iran which he said should have taken place on Tuesday, while assuring that there was a “very good chance” of reaching an agreement with Tehran.
Tehran wants the release of Iranian assets frozen abroad
He had never spoken about this planned attack before this Monday and a message on his Truth Social platform in which he explained that he had given up on a new offensive at the request of the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, who, according to him, consider the conclusion of an agreement possible.
Since the ceasefire came into force on April 8, after almost 40 days of strikes, negotiations have been underway to try to find an agreement but the positions of the two parties remain very far apart, particularly on the nuclear aspect. Only one session of discussions between American and Iranian representatives took place on April 11 in Islamabad, ending in failure.
Monday morning, Iranian diplomacy declared that it had responded to a new proposal from the United States aimed at breaking the diplomatic deadlock and putting a lasting end to the war in the Middle East. She reiterated her demands, calling in particular for the release of Iranian assets frozen abroad and the lifting of international sanctions suffocating its economy.
On Monday, Donald Trump told the press that he had “a very good chance” of reaching an agreement with Iran, saying he observed a “very positive” development in negotiations with Tehran, but without providing any details on their content.
Iran warns against any new “strategic and calculation errors”
However, he assured that the United States stood ready to launch a “total and large-scale attack against Iran at any time, if an acceptable agreement was not found” with Tehran.
The head of the command of the Iranian armed forces, Ali Abdollahi, responded by warning “the United States and its allies” against any new “strategic and calculation errors”.
The agreement in question must ensure that Iran does not acquire a nuclear weapon, Donald Trump wrote on his network. Iranian media had already denounced the “excessive conditions” imposed by the United States in their latest offer.
According to the Fars agency, Washington demands that Iran maintain only one nuclear site in operation and transfer its stock of highly enriched uranium to the United States. Washington also refused to release “even 25%” of the assets or to pay compensation for the damage suffered by Iran during the war, according to the same source.




/2026/04/29/69f21b1cc1ed7519888335.jpg)

